- Linux type operating systems, Unix type operating systems history. Linux and Windows comparsion.
- Linux operating systems distributions and differences. Suse, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian etc…
- LiveCD/USB load
Ubuntu installation, minimal system requirements, root, swap, user partitions and creation of file systems on hard drive. Installation configuration, package selection and other procedures.
- Ubuntu desktop overview and configuration. Vital effects and themes, file management, text editor.
- Libra Office and its components: Calc, Impress, Writer overview and comparison with Microsoft analogues.
- Midtest 1
- Installation of programs, package manager, software update.
- Linux networking, network configuration overview and management.
- External devices in Ubuntu linux (printers, scanners, camera etc..)
Display Adapter drivers and other proprietary modules.
- Users in linux, permissions, groups and essential administration.
- Midtest 2
- Command Line Terminal – Essential commands, copy, paste, move, list and etc..
- Server functions overview, FTP server installation and configuration
- Apache web server SQL database server overview and installation. Remote access Telnet, SSH protocols.
- Shell programming essentials, Introduction to Bash programming.
- Final Test
Every Section of this course includes additional hour of practical implementation of material